Domain Name News

Domain Name News


Godaddy Reverses Multiple Groupon Code Redemptions

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 01:47 PM PST

Lots of buzz surrounded the end of the year Godaddy Groupon code deal.  For $25 the deal would get you $70 in credit on godaddy.  The credit applied to anything they sold, including premium domain listings as some reported.  Some domainers/couponers went all-in buying groupons from the 70 or so cities that had the coupons available.  Godaddy has plugged that leak and reversed all those extra credits. As my grandfather taught me, “if it’s too good to be true, then it probably is”.

I have to admit I jumped in to this and bought a few extra. I have thousands of names and using these on renewals was too good of a deal to pass up. I just checked my account after seeing Domain Shane’s post and all charges have been reversed.  As Shane put it “Godaddy Blows It Again“.   Oh well it was a nice idea for someone else to do right next time.  I bet Namecheap.com has some ideas up their sleeves already.

There’s been no news on what happened to the money I spent on those codes. I suspect I’ll see all the extra charges go back on to my credit card.

Anyone who bought extra credits and applied them to big purchases, please let us know what happened to those purchases.

Related posts:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

This site is watching deleting and dropped domains ,specially EMD and great domains.

View Domains by Date

About Me

Followers